The Director of Library Services will be responsible for the accomplishment of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Aaniiih Nakoda College Library and Aaniiih Nakoda College in accordance with established ANC standards and procedures. Director will be responsible for all aspects of the academic and public library functions of Aaniiih Nakoda College Library. Work responsibilities include the management of the collection and provision of library services to both academic and public library patrons. Under the supervision of the Dean of Academic Affairs.
The Director of Library Services shall:
• Coordinate and direct all ANC Library operations and services including information literacy instruction, reference, circulation, technical services, community outreach, collection management.
• Assists academic and public library patrons including utilizing print and electronic formats.
• Works closely with Sponsored Programs Officer to write grants appropriate to the depth and scope of library services.
• Administers grants.
• Supervises library employees and volunteers.
• Prepares reports as requested and required by ANC Administration and Board of Directors, and funding agencies.
• Participates with the ANC Faculty and Curriculum Committees as an ad hoc (non-voting) member.
• May supervise student employees, interns, and/or Library Assistant.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of academic and public library functions.
• Knowledge of the Fort Belknap Indian Community and the cultures, history, and traditions of the Aaniiih and Nakoda Tribes.
• Ability in oral and written communications
• Ability to administer activities of a public library and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to make decisions in an environment of limited resources.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and communication.
• Ability to work well with others in a collegial setting.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, associates, other agencies, collect faculty, staff and administration, and the general public.
• Ability to assist academic and public patrons utilizing print and electronic formats.
• Ability to carry out the operation and basic maintenance of equipment located in the library including computers, printers, and copy machines.
• Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university plus five years of progressively responsible library administration experience.
• Experience in an academic/public library.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience in grants management.
• Knowledge of the people, lifeways, history, geography, and educational needs of the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation.
Paid holidays, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K.
Salary According to the ANC Salary Scale; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Submit to apply
1) Letter of Application;
2) Current Resume;
3) Official College Transcripts;
4) 3 current letters of recommendation. Please have letters for recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for.
Please send an application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 3901 or email@example.com.
Open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.