Aaniiih Nakoda College is seeking a person desiring to work 20 hours a week as a food service preparer for the students and staff of the college. Work will commence upon hire and end by May 15th of every year unless negotiated further in writing. The person will be preparing prepackaged foods for sandwiches and soup. This is a non-supervisory position.
• Person must be timely, working from 10-2 or 3pm Monday-Thursday every week.
• Person will be responsible for keeping records of meals served. Uses records to forecast needs and minimize food waste.
• Person will work with supervisor every week to determine menu and food purchases required for the following week(s).
• Person controls food and supply inventory, completing a weekly food inventory, dating, and rotating stock following first in, first out procedure to assure rotation of stock.
• Follows safety and cleanliness in preparing, handling, storing, and serving food.
• Maintains high standards of personal hygiene. Follows hand washing protocol, wears appropriate clothing, including shirts with sleeves, closed-toe shoes, hair restraint, aprons, and single-use gloves when handling food.
• Demonstrates knowledge of what to do in case of an accident or kitchen fire. Knows the location of and use of a fire extinguisher.
• Must clean and sanitize work area completely before leaving position every day.
• Person will be responsible for a cash box.
• Minimum high school diploma or HiSET/GED completion.
• Basic math and communication skills (must be able to count money and keep inventory records)
• Demonstrate an ability to plan and organize workload
• Demonstrate an ability to work independently, communicate professionally with students, staff, and visitors.
• Provide valid certification for food safety preparation.
• Provide a valid Montana Driver’s License.
• Ability to lift, carry and push/pull up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to stand on a hard surface for 5 hours a day
• This position does not accrue any leave nor is it eligible for benefits offered by ANC.
Submit to apply
• Letter of Application;
• Current Resume;
• Official HS/HiSET/GED and/or College Transcripts;
• 3 current letters of recommendation. Please have letters for recommendation correlate with the job, you are applying for.
Please send an application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 3901 or email@example.com.
Open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or nonmembership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.